Here are just a few of the places we enjoy when exploring, shopping, and dining in Palm Springs! (Updated April, 2017)
Planning Your Trip to Palm Springs
- Visit Palm Springs Event Calendar
- Palm Springs Life: This Palm Springs magazine has it all.
- Palm Springs Style: All the latest and greatest of the Coachella Valley
- The Desert Sun: Find the latest plays, parades, fairs, and more Palm Springs entertainment here.
- Palm Springs Music and Entertainment
- Palm Springs Modernism Week [Our home was featured in the 2016 tour!)
- Palm Springs International Film Festival
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway: If you are planning on taking the tram to the top of San Jacinto mountain, you probably need to bring warm clothes and sturdy shoes for wandering.
- Palm Springs Golf
- Palm Springs Foot Golf: Foot golf? Yes, it’s our new favorite thing.
Design District, Uptown Palm Springs
- The Shops at Thirteen Forty Five: Collective of designer and vintage one-of-a-kind finds.
- Just Fabulous: They carry terrific coffee table books, and Jonathan Adler designs, among lots of other must-haves.
- Just Modern: You’ll want everything in this store! Modern furniture, art, outdoor inspiration.
- Pelago: Well-designed home and personal gifts, from placemats to eyeglasses.
- Trina Turk: This store has women’s, men’s, and home sections.
- The Shag Store: Now classic Palm Springs art.
Our Favorite Watering Holes & Places to Nosh
- Cheeky’s: Have breakfast here at least once.
- Tonga Hut: Because you’re in the mood for tiki drinks and exotic sounds.
- Purple Room: Looking for live music and a classic, old-school vibe? One of the last real Rat Pack hangouts.
- Birba: Just click to see the photo and you’ll see what we see.
- BAR: Go here after dark. Craft cocktails, rare whiskey, ever-eclectic DJs.
- Melvyn’s Lounge: Another classic. Go when the piano bar is in full swing.
- Spencer’s: We like the classics. And the outside dining. Old-school Tennis Club at it’s best.
- El Jefe for Taco Tuesdays: Margaritas and tacos and sometimes a loud and rowdy musician.
- Thai Smile: Indoor and outdoor seating, lovely and delicious.
- Las Casuelas: Margarita magic and classic Mexican food, right on the strip.
- El Mirasol at Los Arboles: Las Casuelas not your speed? Head to this hidden spot (and their special molè).
- FARM: Tucked away in the heart of the Plaza. Southern French fare in a garden setting.
- Draughtsman: Craft beers, cocktails and inventive pub food in the north end of town.
- Rooster and the Pig: Vietnamese-inspired greatness made with local ingredients. Go early, they may run out!
- Workshop Kitchen + Bar: We like the brunch but dinner is equally fab.
- Mr. Lyons/Seymour’s: We’ll be honest: We have never eaten in the dining room. Opt for happy hour bites at the bar and then sneak into Seymour’s speakeasy for a nightcap.
Places to Stop By
- Koffi: Local favorite coffee spot. There are two — one north Palm Springs, and one south.
- Ernest Coffee/Bootlegger Tiki: Stumptown coffee by day, speakeasy tiki bar by night.
- Hats Unlimited: You will want another one. It’s sunny out there!
- Surf Culture Clothing: Forget your swim suit? SCC has you covered.
- Fame Lounge: Cigars, Wine, and Microbeer
Palm Springs Museums
- Palm Springs Art Museum Look for the free Thursdays during the street market.
- Palm Springs Architecture and Design Center
- Children’s Museum in Rancho Mirage
Hiking & Biking
Lunch with the Locals
- Guacamoles: Mexican take-out, all fresh, super yum.
- Smokin Burgers and Lounge: Sports bar with outdoor seating and misters. Seahawks fan? They will have the game on.
- Polermos New York Pizza: Old-school take-out, super close-by. Delicious!
- Fisherman’s Market: Walk up and order, kick back on the patio with a beer and wait for your fish tacos.
- Sherman’s Deli: The name says it all. Very popular spot.
- Giuseppes Pizza and Pasta: It doesn’t say “salad,” but I love their salads. Only a couple minutes away from Easmor.
- Pho 533: When you have that craving!
- Native Foods: Feeling vegetarian? This is the place. Outdoor seating with misters.
- Felipe’s Mexcian: A small, family-run spot a short hop from Easmor labeled by some as “the best Mexican food you’ll ever eat.”
Enjoyable Grocery Shopping
- Trader Joe’s: I’d drive 7 miles for Trader’s, wouldn’t you?
- Jensen’s: A local favorite. Beer and wine tastings on Friday and Saturday. And they deliver!
- There are lots of others nearby: Ralph’s, Vons, Albertson’s, Stater Brothers. I’ll let you Google those.